Sunday 26 June 2005

Birthday & Student Conference

I am old! An achievement?......Maybe. Woke up at 1.30 p.m. Slept for more than 12 hours. Went to eat crabs at Teluk Gong. Yum!

Yesterday, 25th June 2005, My 20th Birthday:

Woke up at 5.45 a.m. because I thought that my bro was going to college at the same time as my sis and me. He wasn't. Reached the college hall at 8.00 a.m. for the TARC-ACCA Student Conference 2005. Had an OK time there. Was basically held to help those who attended develop their soft skills. Well, mine needs lots of
developing. Registration was at 8.00 a.m. We were divided into groups of about 14 people per group. I was in group 2. It started at around 8.30 a.m. with speeches by the president of the FA society, a guy from ACCA and the Principal of TARC, who opened the conference. Then we had a tea break. Ate an egg sandwich. Then we had a workshop. There was a speaker, Ms Pauline Loong (I think that's how her name is spelt). She was quite funny, but it was pretty boring listening. For the fist session, she spoke about communication. The second session, which was after lunch was on goals/profession. She had some activities for us though which was quite fun. The activities required us to communicate with each other/listen/think. One activity required us to listen to her instructions and we had to draw out whatever she asked us to. The following are the instructions (roughly 'cos I couldn't remember exactly what she said):

  1. Draw an oval to fill the whole page.
  2. Draw a star on the first third of the oval.
  3. Draw two stars at the middle of the oval.
  4. Colour in the latter stars.
  5. Draw horizontal, wavy lines over the two stars.
  6. Draw a letter M on the bottom thrid of the oval.
  7. Draw a letter W to meet the letter M.
  8. Draw a wavy line along the outer top-half of the oval.
The bottom pictures show what I drew and what the picture should have looked like (right). I obviously wasn't listening to what she said 'cos mine came out looking really funny.


The conference ended at 5.45 p.m. which was later than planned.

Reached home at 6-something p.m. Didn't have the chance to bathe as we were already late. So, packed everything in the car and headed to Gor-ee's house. When we reached there nobody else was there yet, except Jon. Celebrated two birthdays - Lak-ee's (which is on 2nd July) & mine. Dinner was sort of nasi lemak style without the lemak rice. Pong tay!!!!! Fruit rojak - thanks Gor-ee!! Incidentally, my group's name was ROJAK because we had people from different states in our group. Had a nice time sitting in Gor-ee's garden. Wasn't hot 'cos it was breezy. Was feeling sleepy so went back at around 12 a.m. which is actually quite early considering that we used to chat till 1/2 a.m. K.O.ed the minute I reached home.



The top collage is of me cutting the cake with my cousin's son, Wesley. The bottom one is of family. Look at how tired my cousin Kat is. Her mum, my Lak-ee, asked to take these pics of her sleeping.
Lots of thanks to the people who remembered my birthday! This was the only day I received SMSes from So many different people.
  • My family.
  • June Ann, Pey Tzy, Hon Ching (how did he get my HP no.?), Rach, Sook Peng, May Kuan - Thanks for your SMSes.
  • Lei Ye - Thanks for ur e-card!
People have been asking me what I wanted for my birthday. The answer was always MONEY! Their reactions were all the same - CANNOT!. Hey, you guys asked me what I wanted and I want money. Therefore, I have IOUs.

This is to my sister: There is something I want for my birthday present. I'm sure this is something you can afford as it doesn't involve money. I would like you to put family first instead of your stinking friends for a whole year starting 1st July 2005. You cannot cancel outings with the family just because your friend(s) asked you to go out with them. You cannot allow your friends to use the computer unless they pay for it 'cos it's not fair to Cheong who gets scolding very often for using the computer too much while your friends can use it for free. If you agree to this do get back to me. Otherwise just ignore this post. Oh, another thing is that if you agree to this and do not follow it, you'll have to give me what I asked for earlier.
blog comments powered by Disqus