Monday 15 August 2005

What a week!

First it was finishing up tax coursework.

And on Saturday my grandmother passed away. The Buddhist ceremony was a real bore. I've always liked the Chinese-Buddhist culture. Now I've found a flaw in it - FUNERALS. At my granmother's funeral, we, mourners, had to kneel/sit down while holding a joss stick for 20+ minutes almost every half hour while the nuns chanted. I didn't know what we were gonna do at the 1st session so I knelt, I learnt my lesson after that. It was painful kneeling for 20 minutes. I didn't attend the funeral today 'cos I had to go to college. Do I feel guilty? Maybe. I wasn't close to my grandmother anyway.

I've been thinking, when I die, if anybody is kind enough to hold a funeral service for me, I'd like for the music on my iTunes to be played. No chanting, please. Thank You!
blog comments powered by Disqus