Thursday 29 September 2005

Polygamy

I was just watching an old episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show. Oprah was talking about polygamy. She had some women from certain places from the US (I can't remember which ones). It seems that in those places, teenage girls have to go through arranged marriage and what's worse is that the men they marry are their relatives (incest) and, in most cases, already married with a few wives. There was this girl, who was fortunately saved, who had a sister who married her father. That's extremely SAD. I always thought polygamy is rubbish. I though that Muslim men being able to marry up to four wives was bad enough, heck, even having two wives was nonsense. The people in those places had up to 30 over wives. Polygamy should be made illegal throughout the world. Polygamists are idiots, I say.
blog comments powered by Disqus