Sunday 23 October 2005

Career Fair week & User interface

Had a long week. Had two days of classes up to 7 p.m. and one till 6 p.m. The ones up to 7 p.m. was because of the career fair. But the career fair was "educational". Not all the talks had much substance. Some were just to promote their company/organisation. After the talks, I am certain I don't want to work in any of the Big Fours nor do I want to do auditing.
I went for a public speaking talk yesterday to see if I could learn anything to brush up on my public speaking skills (as I am a poor public speaker). A thing I learnt is about making eye contact. One of the speakers was talking about it. She gave three tricks. She said only to use them if we were going to have a heart attack and die.
The first trick is to focus on the people at the four corners of the room. Make eye contact with them at random order, not in a continuous sequence.
The second is to look at people not in their eyes but in between their eyes.
The last is for people who are short sighted. Don't wear your spectacles/contact lenses on that day unless you really are almost blind without your glasses.

I have just changed my computer's interface. I love it!

(click images to enlarge)
Before & After









blog comments powered by Disqus