Saturday 30 August 2008

Future regret?

The company I work for will be holding a company trip at the beginning of 2009. It'll be on board a cruise. The company has decided to give all those going for the trip a one day paid leave for that purpose. Sounds nice, eh?
As I'll (hopefully) be a confirmed staff under one year of service at the time of the trip, there are certain terms to adhere to such as having to sign a bond of one year (the whole of 2009) and having to pay RM600.00 should I leave the company anytime during 2009.
I, however, have decided not to go for a few reasons:
  1. I am ANTI-SOCIAL [This should be a known fact to the people who know me well];
  2. I prefer to spend time with my family during the start of a new year;
  3. I want my freedom, WITHOUT a price tag on it; and
  4. I'd rather work the one day than spend time with people I hardly know. [Yes, I'm super anti-social at the office]
The HR manager asked me why I wasn't going, and I told a lie. :p *snigger*

Will I live to regret my decision on this? Nah, I don't think so.
blog comments powered by Disqus