Sunday 5 March 2006

Slaughtered!

I went on my first trip to IRB Petaling Jaya on Friday. It was a bad one. It took me quite sometime to get a taxi from office. Most of the taxi drivers did not know where the place was as almost all of them were KL taxi drivers. So finally this taxi driver said he knows where Kelana Jaya is, that's where the IRB is. But when we were on the highway, it didn't seem like he knew where it was. He said he had to take the old airport road. I, having a bad sense of direction, didn't know how to get there either. Took us quite some time to finally get there after stopping at a petrol station to ask a guy how to get there. Well, he slaughtered me with the taxi fare, he said it's what he charges when he takes the old airport road. I am not gonna disclose how much I paid, though. It was a lucky thing I still had money to pay for my ride back, which wasn't as much as what I had paid for my ride to the IRB. I'm kinda afraid that I'll be unable to claim my fare back from the office as the amount seems really unreasonable!!!! *curses the taxi driver* Sshhhh....don't tell my mum or she'll probably kill me. How am I supposed to know how to take a taxi when the last time I took one was 9-10 years ago and that was in Singapore. Argh!!!!

Was telling my mum today that if I don't call at a certain time tomorrow, it meant that I'll be coming back a little later. Then she asked me what time would that be. I told I wouldn't know as it depends on how much work I have to do. I told her that some people work till 10 pm. Then she said "No, you can't come back that late. You're only a vacation trainee, you don't have to work till so late." When she said this, I was thinking, "That's as good as telling me that I'm only a vacation trainee so I don't have to take my work that seriously." That's total rubbish!
blog comments powered by Disqus