Wednesday 10 May 2006

Golly!

Got a surprise at the office today. My senior, Michelle together with 2 of my colleagues, Chan Sze and Rachel Teh bought me a gift. And I'm pretty sure it ain't cheap. It's from Diamond & Platinum Sdn Bhd Diamond & Platinum. I am so terharu.


They gave it to me after lunch. Michelle & Rachel went for a client meetin earlier at Tesco. I guess they bought it from somewhere near there. If I'm not wrong, they bought it at The Curve. When they came back, it was still lunch time and I was in the office doing something while Chan Sze was out for lunch. When Chan Sze came back they asked me to go to the photocopier area where there's a table (usually used for meetings). My senior then started by saying that there was a client who is very disappointed in the work I've done and that the client was making a lot of complaints. It sounded quite real but Rachel was almost trying to not burst out laughing so I knew that this was not true. My senior continued and said, "But we're very appreciative of the work you've done," and gave me this long box. I was like "Huh?" Then she asked me to open it. So I did and inside was a bracelet. An extremely nice bracelet (and not to mention pricey). Then she said, "You must wear it now." Man, I feel so pai seh (as how some of the other VTs put it) now.

Oh, I got to meet my 1st client today 'cos Chan Sze didn't want to go meet him alone as there were some issues regarding his tax clearance. So I went with her. It wasn't too bad.

Had a post compliance meeting today. It was about the "what went right" & "what went wrong" during compliance. Pretty boring if you asked me. I was trying not to yawn as my Partner was standing in front talking.

blog comments powered by Disqus