Friday 12 May 2006

So, today's a public holiday, Wesak Day! Got to sleep in till 12pm. Went to The Curve and Tesco. Had lunch at Lan Kwai Fong at The Curve. Frankly, I didn't enjoy it. Then went to the flea market. Didn't find anything interesting there as majority of the stalls were selling clothes and jewellery which I did not fancy. I found out the price range of the bracelet: RM100+ to RM200+. Yikes! I never expected them to but such an expensive gift!
My mum went and irritated this Chinese lady who was selling stuff at the Tesco parking lot. My mum was looking at this set of bowls (which came with spoons). The lady said that the price is RM35 (she said it in Chinese first and then in English. When she said it in English it sounded like "certify"). My mum, who was not even gonna buy it, bargained and said RM20. The lady said, no. The lowest she was willing to give was RM30. My mum stuck to her price of RM20. Then the lady said in Chinese to add a little more to that price. My mum went and lowered it to RM15. The lady said RM30 again. Then my mum said no. The lady got so irritated that she said, in a very loud voice, " Bu yao, jiu suan le!" (Don't want, done!). I don't get it. Why irritate someone so much when you're weren't even gonna buy the thing in the first place? I don't understand people, like my mum, sometimes. Weird!
blog comments powered by Disqus