Friday 19 May 2006

Last day

My last day at Ernst & Young Tax Consultants Sdn Bhd. Boy, was it a hectic day! It's a lucky thing I did most of my filing already except for the one company's expatriates. Most of them didn't have files and I, being the super forgetful person I am, forgot to create files for them. Sorry, SSW. I got to do my last Schedule of Days-In-Days-Out (DIDO) before leaving!!! Whoppee!!!! The one thing that I really hated doing last time but have since come to liking it, just when I'm about to leave.

Had a blurry start to the day. I don't know how this happened, but I put on my contacts on the wrong side of each eye (i.e. the left one was on my right eyeball and the right one was on my left). On the way to office and in the office, all that I could see were a blur. I thought that there was something wrong with my contacts and that they were not put on properly so I went to take them out and wash them. When I put them back on, everything was still blurry. I went back to the office and thought of any reasons as to why I couldn't see properly. Then it struck me that I could have put them on on the wrong side. So I went and changed them, and, yay, I could see clearly again. Blur me. I believe that I might have put the wrong cap on the container after I finished washing my contacts.

Kinda sad that I've left E&Y. I'm happy that I'll be able to get my much needed sleep (finally!) but I'm definitely gonna miss the work & the people there, especially those that I've worked with there. I only got to see my senior for awhile after lunch before she had to leave for a client meeting which she never came back from (she obviously went back home after that). I feel bad for hardly saying bye to people but we were already running late. But hey, I managed to get a hug from my senior before she left for the meeting and from Chan Sze who was super busy. Well, everybody have been asking us VTs whether we'd come back to work in E&Y, particularly in Human Capital. My answer was maybe and someone replied that a maybe is better than a no. The day before, my senior asked me the percentage of the chances of me going back to E&Y after graduating. Well, I said 50-50. I'd like to keep my options open. Then she told a manager that if I were to go back, she'd chup (book) me first. She said that my portfolio will all be under her, CLC. Haha.

Had lunch at Souled Out at Desa Sri Hartamas. Some of the seniors, staff and a senior manager bought us lunch. I had Claypot Loh Shee Fun. It was really nice but unfortunately I couldn't finish it. But it was really nice of them to give us a treat. ^_^
For dinner, we VTs treated ourselves to a nice meal together as it would be our "last time" together before college starts again. We ate at Madam Kwan's.

My horoscope on Friendster reads "You should feel proud of what you did! Don't let the jealousy of others get to you.
" Jealousy? What jealousy? I am proud of what I did. I managed to do my exit clearance from E&Y without much problems. Ha!
blog comments powered by Disqus